FIGZ 2018

FIGZ 2018

Wednesday 1 July 2015

Scratch building roads for DBA

Inspired by this post on the Fanaticus site http://www.fanaticus.org/DBA/guides/roads/bscarlett.html, I decided to give it a try. Here is my way towards Roman roads for DBA battle in 1/72 scale.

I started from a 0.99 € A4 black craft rubber sheet that I cut into five 20cmx5cm modules. I carved the stone patterns in the first module using a ball pen.

 

I then dry-brushed it with Adeptus Battlegrey, Codex Grey and Ceramite White in sequence, and washed with Devlan Mud.


At last I glued grass flocks on the hedges, and here and there on the pavement.


Yeap, you are right: it doesn't look much as Roman road. I did then the search I should have done earlier,



and carved different stone patterns on the next modules. This time for carving I didn't use a ball pen, as it took too long to get a sharp and deep line on the foam. The tip of a blackhead remover did it much better and faster; disgusting maybe? But the only proper and handy tool I could find around at no cost.


You would agree with me that they are much better. I am happy with results, and going for grass flocks now and some curved modules.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Napoleonic French line infantry: new unit

A new squadron of line infantry for my French grande armée, including units of voltigeurs and grenadiers. ...