FIGZ 2018

FIGZ 2018

Thursday 29 October 2015

Hoka hey!

It's fantastic what I left behind at my parents' place. That box labeled 'Andrea's miscellanea' on the shelf in the garage, the drawer of the tallboy that was first in my bedroom and now sleeps in the basement, the backpack I used for trekking and once filled with an Epic eldar army for a tournament. They all are potential whereabouts of lost treasures. A bit messy, you would say. Anyway, the last finding (or rescue?) has been 24 plains indians by Wargames Foundry, probably dated between 1997 and 1999, the years after Serge Le Magnifik came back from Nottingham. He gave me the miniatures and they slept in the same plastic bag since then.
I lined them up, just to see the effect they would do. And I found myself moving the figures on the table imaging they were launching an attack against the blue jacket, close to scream Hoka Hey! and bang bang. Back to childhood for few minutes, still there maybe :-)
Not sure what to do with the 24 little indians, I painted one in search of inspiration. Now I look forward to seeing them all painted, and - who knows - hoka-heying in a diorama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Napoleonic French line infantry: new unit

A new squadron of line infantry for my French grande armée, including units of voltigeurs and grenadiers. ...